Wednesday, May 21, 2008

#12 NetLibrary

Of course, I had to search for ebooks about the paranormal on NetLibrary.



Overall, I think the site is relatively easy to use. Again, the search engine tends to be pretty good sifting through its information and finding books based on relevance. For the average user, if they can't find the book they want, they will at least find a book that is similar.



As far as interface, it is fairly straightforward, but with one 'problem.' Personally, I tend to believe that, if we really want ebooks to take off we need to fix the scrolling dilemma. It's a weird complaint, I know, but part of the idea of an ebook is also trying to get the 'feel' of an actual book. When the reader has to scroll for text it does change the interaction. I know it seems a small thing to pick but, for me, it is one of the things that keeps me from buying an e-reader.

No comments: